Monday, September 24, 2012

It's been a while

It has been quite a whirlwind since the last post. I started my internship on July 9th, and have been non-stop ever since! The boys started Pre-K, which has been a major adjustment. Bella started 1st grade, and my Jojo Beans is a senior...yep, a senior in high school!! Not to mention, my beloved hubby is now 'Mr. Mom'. He is in charge of taking and picking up all kids at all schools, everyday. My commute is about 40mins to and fro everyday, so he has had to tweek his work schedule a bit to make this happen. Perks of owning your own business, I suppose. So I am on fall break right now (year-round school schedule) for TWO weeks! What am I going to do with myself? I actually have a long list of things to get done in the next two weeks. My hubby also gets a little vacay, from carpool duty. Pretty sad when your kids have to tell you what the morning routine has been all year. :( I do, however, get to sleep in 'til 6:45 now. I'm pretty stoked about that! The boys turn five tomorrow, nothing big planned. I am bringing cupcakes to their class and we'll probably take them to dinner tomorrow night. We are thinking about heading up north for a small party this weekend, just the fam. It's not like me to not plan a huge shindig, especially for their fifth. I am just not feelin' it these days. I do not remember being this scatter-brained and anxious when I was a working mom, seven and a half years ago. It is absolutely killing me and my OCD!! Nothing gets done during the week, and I mean NOTHING! When I walk in the door, it's homework time, dinner time, bath time, and bedtime....no excuses, and no deviating from the plan! One night, Mike wanted to go to Native New Yorker for dinner. I reluctantly agreed...BIG MISTAKE! We were half-heartedly doing homework at the table, kids were late getting baths, and by the time we brushed teeth, read books, and laid down, it was almost 10 o'clock! I had to be up at 5:30am, which makes for a very cranky School Psychologist all day! As well, Mike tells me that the kids were difficult to get up in the morning. Won't be doing THAT again! I am going to park my butt and my laptop at Mike's office all week, to force myself to complete some much needed report writing. I have never been so happy to have a break from work, just to get caught up! I have been so overwhelmed in this new position, it's ridiculous! I am typically really organized, great at multi-tasking, and do fairly well under stress, but this internship is a whole new beast! I am already looking forward to the end of the year...ha! So off to Mike's office I go until 2:30 this afternoon, when the carpooling duty begins again! Be back at winter break.....

No comments: