Wednesday, May 9, 2012

School is almost out...for everyone!!

School is almost out for the summer, for both the kids and myself. I have back to back MET meetings in the next few weeks at school, my intern interviews are done (phew), and all of my final practicum assigns are turned in. Bella has a lot of 'end of the year' stuff happening as well. Jorden just had her Junior Prom over the weekend (OMG!), and work is getting a little slow for Mike which usually happens this time of year. We are debating planning a summer trip this year, or just a few small endeavors to get out of the heat. I have to report to my school on July 9th since they are on a modified school schedule (yuck!), which doesn't leave much time for summer fun! To rewind a bit, I have accepted an Intern position with Florence Unified School District...yes Florence! It is about a 35min. drive from Tempe. Quite the commute for me, but my school is actually in Queen Creek so it is not as bad as it could be. Best perk is it's paid, can't go wrong there!

Mike and I have our work cut out for us this summer as we try and get the boys on an actual schedule to prepare them for Pre-K in the fall. Keeping everyone busy this summer will be another challenge. With a teenager and three kids six and under, it is hard to please everyone! Jorden has two camps this summer, but other than that she will be home and BORED! Hopefully we can do a lot of driving with her and persuade her to get her dang permit! What is wrong with kids these days? Absolutely no interest in driving?! The boys are pretty easily entertained, but Bella is another story. She has little "BFFs" now that she wants to have sleepovers with EVERY DAY!! It's so exhausting constantly explaining to her that she has her own house and they have their own houses, for a reason...ha! That's when we just get the blank stare, the silence, and then she asks when her next sleepover will be!! Oy vey!! Here are some recent pics, I'm a little behind...

Xmas at Grandma Neannie's (minus Jorden and Penelope)

Playing in the snow up north at our cabin

Valentine's father/daughter dance

Spring playdate with cousins Diego and Delaney

It's Easter!

Easter at Grandma and Grandpa Spiro's (minus Ayla)

Bella and said "BFFs" on their farm field trip

Jordie prom pics


I need to seriously go shopping for a new professional wardrobe, which I am dreading! I've been in jeans, a t-shirt, and flip-flops for six years now, and literally have no idea where to even begin! I'll update later as I "shop 'til I drop!"

No comments: