Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tom the turkey will be arriving soon...

Our mini turkey should be thawing in the fridge for tmrw, but of course I haven't gone shopping yet. Actually, we were shopping yesterday, but not for us. Allstar Mailing donated two cartfuls of turkeys to Salvation Army, and a bunch of food to my cousin Chance at the Hope House. We like to take all the kids along so they can share in the "joy of giving." We explained to Bella that we were giving to the people that didn't have any food and she just gave us this naive stare and then said "I want a chocolate candy!" I think she got it! Little do our kids know, but ALL of them will be volunteering when they are older. We want to take them down to serve dinner one year. I think every child should experience that at least once in their life.

We are going to my mom's (sigh) in between the boys' naptime tmrw. We will just stay for a few hrs and then head home for our "first" Thanksgiving with just our kids. We are going to 'attempt' (and I use that word firmly) to deep fry the turkey. We'll just buy a small one in case we totally fowl (no pun intended) it up! After dinner I'll spend Thurs. night making deviled eggs, mini cheesecakes or a fruit pizza (i'm still deciding)...oh, and mashed potatoes! We are heading up north Friday and we are taking food w/us for our Thanksgiving w/the Spiros. It's supposed to snow this wknd and the roads are very icy, so our Suburban is at the shop right now getting a new set of snow tires! I'm hoping our usual 3 1/2 hr trip doesn't turn into a 5 or 6 hr trip because of the weather. Should be VERY interesting!!

Mike is playing poker tonight at Jonathan's house (temporarily in the hands of Jason)...very scary!

I still have to go shopping....blah!

Happy Turkey Day to all!

No comments: