Tuesday, July 15, 2008

DUH!!!

i'm gonna try and make a really, really long story as short as i can, so keep up....


i've been getting these random calls for some time now on my cell phone from people trying to return a call. first, it was an extended warranty ins. co. calling them, then it was the mccain campaign hotline, now it's some type of time share company. ok, it started out that i didn't know WHAT was going on and WHY i was getting all these calls. i finally had a lengthy conversation with a gal that read back the ph# to me. apparently these companies buy this open line whenever available and it's long distance (somewhere in cali.). the ph# is 213-710-8XXX, and these people just hit 'callback' on their caller id's (not realizing it's long distance), so it dials my cell ph#, which happens to be the first seven digits of this #. when i try to explain to these people that they have to dial a 1 when it's long distance, they don't seem to understand. HOW HARD IS IT??? honestly, i tried ignoring the calls, but then i was getting really nasty voice msgs from people stating that they are sick of getting harassed and for me to remove them from my call list! are you kidding me? when you hear my voice mail, you can obviously tell that it's my personal cell phone (although it does say arbonne int'l. now, but even before that).


mike thinks it's hilarious because i'm nicely trying to explain and over explain to some, what is going on. i thought about changing my ph#, but it's really more of the principal to me. not to mention, i'd have to change my biz cards, etc. more work than i want to do. turns out, it's more work explaining to these people (who i refer to as idiots on a daily basis), not very christ-like, i know. it just really amazes me! even after i give them the whole spill, i get repeat callers!!


a few wks ago an elderly woman called. she said she had a msg from the mccain campaign and was asking me who they were. i tried to explain to her who sen. john mccain was, that he resides here in az. and is running for president. she literally had NO CLUE! bless the elderly!


so anywho, the whole point of this blog is because i got yet ANOTHER call this morning from a lady who was asking for some other person and when i told her she had the wrong # she said "well you called me!" AGAIN, tried to explain to her that she needed to dial a 1 and then call back the # that called her. i also told her it was probably just a telemarketing call that i wouldn't even call it back....dead silence. i asked her if she understood what i was trying to say and her response was "well, i'm just trying to call you back because you called me." are there REALLY that many stupid people in this world?? i could've told this lady to go "surfing in nebraska", i mean COME ON!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

How completely annoying. I don't think I would be as nice as you! I am still trying to figure out why these people are calling back??? Do people actually do that? Unbelievable!!! I hope the calls stop soon!!