Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's finally here!

Jorden Michelle is FINALLY 13!! I kept hoping if I just ignored it, it would go away. Low and behold, Aug. 28th arrived. It was 13 LONG years ago, at 10:30am, that Jorden arrived. My first born is now a teenager, and I can deny it no longer! Man, where did the time go? I made her fave baked potato soup (thank you Guthries/Passeys). I think it actually tasted like it was supposed to this time...ha! After dinner, I took her to see Mamma Mia. We were supposed to see it a month ago, but things kept coming up. Although, I was enjoying the barrage of previews over the last few mos., as I'm a HUGE Abba fan! Have been since I was a little girl. Jorden thought it was a little cheesy. It was your typical musical, but I must say, I did like the play a lot better. I'll still buy it when it comes out, just because I love all of the songs, and I'm a big Meryl Streep fan, too. Oh yah, if you're a Pierce Brosnan fan, don't get your hopes up!

Mike picked Jorden up for lunch from school, and signed her out for the rest of the day. She was pretty stoked! My brother Shad also came over tonight with gifts from Abercrombie & Fitch, so she's really on Cloud 9 now! Plus, she has a slumber party at her dad's tmrw, so she's excited for that! I'll be trying to score her some Jonas Bros. tics in the next few wks, that's our gift to her. They have a concert in Oct. and I really hope I can find a good deal. I'm a Craigslist stalker though, so I'm not worried about it! Ask (or stalk) and you shall receive, that's my mantra!

Ok, off to bed. Quicker this day is over the better, as the depression/realization has set in!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm not even her mom and I'm in shock...sooooo weird to have an actual teenager around.